Upon completion of this activity, participants should be able to:
- Understand the intragastric balloon as an option for the treatment of mild to moderate obesity
- Utilize the indications and contraindications for the intragastric balloon therapy.
- Describe the balloon techniques for placement and removal.
- Recognize the complications associated with the intragastric balloon.
- Identify the available data associated with the intragastric balloon.
- Evaluate the initial experience in the United States with the intragastric balloon.
Each of the below areas will have two stations each and will rotate every 30 minutes.
Single fluid filled balloon
Faculty: Monali Misra, MD; Carl Pesta, DO
Gas filled balloon
Faculty: Shelby Sullivan, MD; Michael V Seger, MD